Meet Toby the wonder dog who was left on the road after a hit-and-run and survived! Born on February 14, 2021, he is perfectly healthy today thanks to his rescuers and Gerdy. Losing his back leg has not stopped him from being super friendly, affectionate, loyal, and extremely gentle. His language of preference is baby talk.
His foster mom says this easy boy is housetrained and loves his crate for naps and sleep. He barks on occasion to alert that “zombie killers” are at the door. Toby enjoys meeting small dogs but can be nervous at first with large ones but relaxes after a few minutes. While recuperating after his leg amputation, he lived with three cats. He is happy to share his food and toys with others.
Toby is curious, smart, and eager to learn. He loves walking and communing with nature i.e., watching squirrels, birds, and groundhogs etc. Playing ball with children is a favourite exercise. He is a Lab/Shepherd mix weighing only 42 pounds. He is neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped.
If you have been looking for love in all the wrong places and you meet the following qualifications, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Your home has minimal stairs, preferably a ranch or bungalow.
- Your backyard is securely fenced (5’-6’+). No electric fences.
- Any swimming pool must be fenced separately.
- You are newly retired, or you are a family with a flexible schedule so there is usually someone home.
- A laid-back dog or dog-loving cat might work.
- Children older than 10 who can respect his limitations.